BreadcrumbsHome | Sound Lighting and Video - A Resource for Worship
Sound Lighting and Video - A Resource for Worship
Introducing the all new book written by Brad Herring and published by Focal Press Publishing. This book is an indispensable resource for technical ministry!
Read What People Are Already Saying About This Indispensable Resource:
"Finally! Thank you, Brad Herring and Focal Press, for bringing us a terrific overview of Technical Production for Houses of Worship. Your experience, skill, and artistry are evident throughout. I especially appreciate your attitude of humility and step-by-step suggestions for dealing with 'choir complaints.' This immediately is required reading for my production volunteers."
- John Weygandt, Scenic and Lighting Designer, Willow Creek Community Church
"What a great book! Brad has taken his years of audio/ visual training and personal experience and produced an excellent resource for every Worship Leader and every Audio Visual Tech. From the most basic sound, lighting and video systems to fairly complex systems, Brad has put together an encyclopedia of knowledge that builds on the basics to provide an easy transition to larger and more sophisticated systems. Not only does he address the 'how to,' but the 'why we should and why we should not's' associated with this important area of our ministry. Brad has a heart for excellence in Worship that resounds throughout the book. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned veteran, I heartily recommend this book to you. I believe that you, like I, will count it one of your most valuable tools in ministry."
- Dennis J. Brown, Associate Pastor Worship Arts, First Baptist Church
"I really like Brad's heart for the local church. I think he approaches the subject in a genuine and honest manner that is encouraging."
- Mike Sessler, ChurchTech Arts
"I like the conversational, friendly tone. It makes the material seem accessible to the reader. It's as if the author is seated next to the reader at the mixing console and is pointing out things to watch for."
- Bruce Bartlett, audio engineer and author of Practical Recording Techniques
"I'm very excited about having this book available for my church, and for churches where I assist in ministry."
- David Scott, Worship Leader and Associate director of Georgia Festival Chorus
Part 1: SOUND SYSTEMS FOR WORSHIP 1. Anatomy of a Sound System
2. Connections in a Sound System
3. More on Microphones
4. Gain Structure
6. Electronic Processing
7. Stage Monitors & In-Ear Monitors
8. Making the Move to Digital
9. Conclusion of Sound Section Part 2: LIGHTING SYSTEMS FOR WORSHIP
10. Anatomy of a Lighting System
11. Color Mixing Theory
12. Connections of a Lighting System
13. Controllers and Protocols
14. Close up on Dimmers
15. An Overview of Moving Lights
16. Beyond Illumination - Using Lighting For Design
17. Architectural Lighting & Integration with Stage Lighting
18. Conclusion of Lighting Section Part 3: VIDEO SYSTEMS FOR WORSHIP
19. Anatomy of a Video System
20. Lumens, Brightness and Contrast - What Does it all Mean?
21. Hi-Definition vs. Standard Definition
22. Front Projections vs. Rear Projection
23. A Closer Look at the Video Screen
24. Cameras and Tripods
25. Worship Presentation Software
26. Conclusion of Lighting Section
1. Working with Contractors and Having a Christian Witness
2. Building Teams and Finding Volunteers
3. Checklists and Procedures
4. The Art of Troubleshooting - Thinking Logically and Linearly